Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Next Day Adventures

On Friday I took Sara with me to school to meet my students and fellow co-workers.  She seemed to enjoy meeting my "special-odd class" (that's what my students call themselves).  After work we went back to the apartment to pack for our road trip through Europe.  (And yes I do mean road trip, we are renting a car to drive around.  When I say "we" I really mean me because Sara is helpless when it comes to driving a stick shift.)

When I was home in December Sara and I decided that the best time for her to come visit me would be over my Easter break because she has never been to Europe and this way I'd have time to show her around.  Therefore, we have both been saving and planning the cheapest way for her to experience as much of Europe as possible.  Our itinerary is as follows:
Day 1 (Saturday): Drive to Monheim, Germany
Day 2 (Sunday): Drive to Amsterdam, Netherlands
Day 3 (Monday): Explore Amsterdam
Day 4 (Tuesday): Drive to Haarlem, Netherlands (Corrie Ten Boon's Clockshop); Keukenhof, Netherlands (Tulip Farm); Belgium; Luxemburg; Luneville, France
Day 5 (Wednesday): Drive to Lucerne, Switzerland
Day 6 (Thursday): Drive to Verona, Italy; Venice, Italy
Day 7 (Friday): Explore Venice
Day 8 (Saturday): Drive to Salzburg, Austria
Day 9 (Sunday): Drive back to Vienna

It will definitely be a whirlwind adventure, but we'll try our best to keep you updated with each day's highlight.  Below I've included some of the highlights from Friday night's (day before road trip) excursions to a Schnitzel restaurant and Easter Market.

Schnitzel Dinner with Friends, Amanda & Carrie


Easter Market Eggs

Small Part of the Easter Market

No comments:

Post a Comment