Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Back to School

As an educator I have a great understanding of the need to improve your knowledge through self study and extra classes.  At the end of March this year I was given the opportunity to travel to Philadelphia, PA and participate in the 2011 ASCD Annual Conference.


The conference provided a way for me to not only meet with other educators, but take specific seminars that will help me next year as Elementary Principal.  The encouragement and new ideas I received provided me with inspiration!  At the end of the conference I was excited to return to Vienna and begin to implement some of the technique and strategies I had learned about within my own 5th grade classroom.  I was also thrilled to begin to start planning how I would use some of these same techniques with my elementary staff during the next school year.  I love to learn!  I also love to share what I've learned with other educators and help them in any way I possibly can.

One added bonus to this trip stateside was the meeting up with my mother and sister, Sara.  Since I was in the US (and it's a lot cheaper to fly to PA vs. Vienna) they decided to fly out and spend as much time with me as they could.  Even though I was in seminars most of the day, we had one day of sight seeing and every evening to spend together.  I really enjoyed the opportunity God provided to spend time with family!  Philly would not have been quite the same without them.  :)

Austrian Flag in Philly :)

Cherry Blossom Season

Putting a Penny on Ben Franklin's Grave

Visiting a Graveyard...Sara's favorite thing :)

Waiting for a tour

Room where the Founding Father's discussed the Constitution



No comments:

Post a Comment