Monday, October 29, 2012

Hopping Back Over the Pond

Returning to Vienna for my third year was a bitter sweet experience.  I had a GREAT time with my family, but by the end I was homesick for Vienna.  At the same time, I was excited for the new school year, but I knew I'd miss my family.  If you had asked me two years ago if I would have been homesick for Vienna I probably would have told you, "No way.  California is my home."  Well...obviously I was wrong!  I am blessed to have two homes...Vienna, Austria and Santa Clarita, CA.  Reflecting on this makes me remember one of the sessions from my PFO (pre-field orientation) training that I went to before I left for Vienna.

In the session they talked about the challenges of being from multiple places.  You'll feel torn between the place you used to be from and place where you are living now.  Thankfully, it ultimately doesn't matter.  My "home" on this earth is temporary.  I am a citizen of heaven and instead of being homesick for my earthly dwellings I need to always remember that God has a special place prepared for me.  It is that home that I should desire the most.





No comments:

Post a Comment