Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Details, Details, Details

I always tell my students that the more they pay attention to the details, the better chance they have of getting a problem correct.  Over the past few weeks I have needed to listen to my own advice.  :)  After filling out different documents (one was even in German), getting extra copies of other documents, and making sure that I didn't forget to send anything in for my visa I have definitely seen the necessity of paying attention to the details.  The same applies to paying attention to the little details God shows us everyday.  Sometimes we forget the little things that God has given to us.  It might be as simple as a quick commute in the morning or a bird singing a beautiful song in the morning or even a smile from someone.  Each day God gives us little gifts that can sometimes only be seen in the little details.  I can't help but think of James 1:17, "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."  What a wonderful God we serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment