Sunday, June 6, 2010

Emptiness & Updates

          It's amazing how much stuff can be accumulated over the years.  For the past few weeks I have been sorting my stuff into three piles: Stuff to Take, Stuff to Store, and Stuff to Get Rid Of.  My apartment and bedroom now look very empty and down to the bare essentials, my storage unit is quickly filling up, and the Goodwill just received a large donation after our garage sale.  Fortunately Sara (my sister) won't be moving out until the end of June, so all our kitchen stuff is still easy to access and we still have furniture to sit on. 
          My time in the US is quickly ending.  My school year ends in two weeks and then I leave for ACSI PFO training in Houghton, NY on Friday, June 25th.  I fly back to CA on July 9th, have one day for laundry and packing, and then on Sunday I leave for our yearly family vacation to Mount Hermon (a family Christian camp in Santa Cruz, CA).  After spending a few days at Mount Hermon, Sara and I will travel up to San Francisco to spend some quality sister bonding time.  After we get back, I will have 13 more days until I fly to Vienna.  During that time I will have my commissioning service at Grace Baptist Church (July 24), a going away party thrown by Sara (July 25), and a celebration of Amy's (my sister) 19th birthday (July 26).  55 days and counting before my plane leaves.

VCS Update:
It looks like I will be teaching the fourth grade at VCS.  Since I have already taught that grade twice before, I am excited about teaching it again.  I have also learned that my roommate will be the middle/high school music teacher, Kristi Anna.  We spoke for the first time a few days again and I am very excited about having her as my roommate.  Finally, one of the new VCS teaching families is scheduled to fly on the same flight I am leaving on, so it will be nice to arrive in Vienna with someone I know.

Prayer Requests:
1. Pray that I can get everything done in time and not feel rushed before I leave for Vienna.
2. Pray that my new roommate will be able to raise all of her support in time to join us for the 2010-2011 school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment