Friday, September 17, 2010

Oh the Places I'll Go

It's amazing to think that I have finally finished four weeks of teaching here in Vienna.  The time has been flying by.  The past two weeks I've been "enjoying" my first school year cold (I hope you note the sarcasm), but today I've finally begun to feel like a normal person again.  Besides being sick, I have been greatly enjoying my students, coworkers, and general life here in Vienna.  Tonight, since I was feeling better, I went out with my roommate, Kristi-Anna, for dinner.  After eating a scrumptious meal of potstickers, egg rolls, and teriyaki chicken with rice at the nearby Japanese restaurant (yes Mary, I was thinking about you during dinner) we ventured down the street to the local park called Prater.  The Prater reminded me a lot of the Boardwalk in Santa Cruz that I go to every summer.  There were many different carnival type games, rides, and interesting forms of entertainment.  One ride in particular caught my attention.  On the ride people are not strapped into their seats.  They are able to freely move, stand up, jump around, and dance...that is if they are able to stay up.  Hopefully the video I've included below will show a much better explaination of the ride.  It ended up being a WONDERFUL and relaxing night.  I greatly enjoyed the time spent outdoors and with the roommate.  If you want to see more info about the park, feel free to click on their website and check it out.  Enjoy a few of the pictures and videos taken tonight!

The Flower Wheel

Tagada...the ride not legal in the US (watch the video)

The famous Vienna Giant Ferris Wheel
Tagada...Now you can see why it wouldn't be allowed in the US


Watch this kid on Tagada...craziness!

Another crazy ride!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better and enjoying some Japanese food!! :) I could get dizzy just thinking about those rides! Wow.

    ReplyDelete