Monday, November 1, 2010

Stockholm, Sweden

Last weekend I traveled to the cold city of Stockholm, Sweden with my friends Nicki and Katie.  It was a lot different than I thought it would be.  First of all, the travel to Sweden took us through 3 countries via 3 means of transportation.  We left Vienna for Bratislava, Slovakia by train.  Once we arrived in Bratislava, we took a bus to the airport and then we made our way to Sweden by plane.  Once we arrived in Sweden we then had to ride on a bus for 1 1/2 hours to get into the city center.  Upon arriving in Stockholm, I was quickly introduced to the joys of cold weather. :)  Throughout our trip, the temperate averaged between 4-6 degrees Celsius.  Even though it was VERY cold and rained for an entire day, I enjoyed seeing the sites of Stockholm.  My favorite part was going to the Vasa Museum and seeing the Vasa Ship.  If you are ever in Stockholm, I would definitely recommend this site!  Feel free to check out more info on the ship here.  Here are some pictures of our trip.  More are posted on Facebook. :)

Market Place in Stockholm

In the rain, outside a store called Amanda's


An AMAZING candy store that my sister's would have LOVED

The Vasa Ship

Katie, Nicki, and Me



No comments:

Post a Comment