Thursday, March 31, 2011

Latest Challenge-Romania Missions Trip

As many of you know, I went on a missions trip to Romania during the Summer of 2004.  After that trip I came back a changed person.  Part of my heart was left with the children who will spend the rest of their childhoods growing up without parents to love on them.

For the past five years, high school students at ICSV have been working in Romania with senior adults, single mothers, and children.  This year I am a part of the team that will serve, but I am not going with them to Romania.  I am serving as the administrative assistant for the adult in charge (our high school principal).  To date, we have approximately 22 students and 8 adults going on the trip.  They will leave on the Sunday of our Easter Break (April 17) and not return until the end of the week on Thursday.  Students are learning how to work together, raise financial and prayer support, and become leaders amongst their peers.  In order to finance the missions trip, those going to Romania need to raise approximately 9,000 Euro.  While this is a huge amount of money, I know that God will ultimately provide (He did for me!).

If you'd like to hear more about this, please let me know and I'd be happy to share more specific details.

No comments:

Post a Comment