Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Away from Home, but Still Thankful

Being away from home for long periods of time is never easy, but it's even harder around the holidays.  Thankfully God has given me a "Vienna family" to spend holidays with.  Just like last year I went over to my friends, Amanda and Carrie's, house to enjoy yummy Thanksgiving food.  This year I brought fruit salad, rolls, and mashed potatoes to the meal.  I had never made mashed potatoes before, but thankfully my cooking skills have improved since moving here and I was able to successfully create a dish just as good as my mother's.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to stay the whole time (the girls are cat sitting and I'm REALLY allergic to cats), but the time I spent was enjoyable and memorable.  Next year Amanda and Carrie won't be in Vienna, so we'll see what I'll do then.

No comments:

Post a Comment