Monday, November 7, 2011

Off Again

This year I returned to Vienna at the end of July.  I needed to get back early in order to finish preparing for our New Staff Vienna Orientation.  Leaving gave me a mixture of emotions ... excitement about going back to Vienna, sadness about leaving my family, joy for seeing my friends and students again, uneasiness about a new school year with more responsibilities ... I could keep going, but basically I was happy to go back, but not happy to leave behind those I love.  I never thought I'd be able to live with certain foods or conveniences that I used to take for granted in America, but I've learned how to.  I never thought I'd miss the convenience/inconvenience of the uBahn, but I did.  It's amazing how quickly God will chance your heart and attitude toward something.  This is just one of many reminders, from God, that I am where I'm supposed to be ... where He wants me to be.  God knows His plans for me, even when I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment