Saturday, November 26, 2011

Welcome to Vienna!

For Fall Break this year (October) my parents came for a week long visit.  On Sunday I picked them up at the airport and we made our way to Salzburg, Austria.  In Salzburg we visited a Salt Mine and went on the Sound of Music tour (my third time, but that's another story).  On Tuesday we drove to Hallstatt, Austria for a few hours and enjoyed the beautiful mountain scenery and quaint village.  If you are ever in Austria, I would definitely recommend visiting this town!  The next day we drove over to Graz, Austria and spent the day exploring the old town.  Even though it rained on Wednesday and Thursday, we still had a wonderful time together exploring different parts of Austria.  On Thursday we drove back into Vienna..  My parents were able to spend the rest of their time visiting my school, meeting my friends, playing with my students, and enjoying part of my life here.  Even though they were supposed to leave on Monday, they ended up staying until Tuesday (gotta love airline strikes).  This meant I was able to celebrate my mom's birthday with her!  We went out for a traditional Austrian meal and spent the evening talking and simply enjoying being together.  Early Tuesday morning I walked them to the Schnellbahn station (train) and away they went to the airport.  It was a lot of fun having both of them here and letting my dad see my new life for the first time.  Hopefully they'll come back again soon!


Salzburg

Fire Station in Hallstatt

Hallstatt



Graz

Vienna

Mine Tour near Salzburg


No comments:

Post a Comment