Sunday, November 13, 2011

Under Nightfall, Visiting the Museums

Every year in October Vienna has an evening dedicated to museums.  It's called the Long Night of the Museums.  People are able to purchase a ticket and go into over 80 different museums throughout the city.  This year I went with friends and we visited 7 museums in a few hours.  Here's my ratings for each museum:


  1. National Library-thumbs up ... I wish my library looked like this!
  2. Albertina-thumbs up ... Rather cool art museum with lots of paintings.
  3. Globe Museum-thumbs up ... Who knew there could be so many different kinds of globes?
  4. Paper Museum-thumbs down ... BORING!!!
  5. Old Instrument Museum-thumbs up ... It was really interesting to see how musical instruments have evolved over the years.
  6. Jewish Museum-thumbs in the middle ... The "cool" part wasn't open until later in the evening, but the rest of it was rather boring.
  7. Ancient Roman Museum-thumbs up ... If my feet weren't killing me, then I would have loved this museum!



The Long Night of the Museums

National Library

Albertina ... one of the few pictures I took before someone told me I wasn't allowed to take pictures in the museum (I promise that I looked for signs, there weren't any!)

My Museum Buddies :)

Globe Museum

Globe Museum


Old Instrument Museum

Jewish Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment